Tis the season to Drink and Be Merry, right? This Christmas, make your parties even more spirited by sprucing up your bar cart. If you don’t already have one, it’s time to consider adding one! Bar carts are a great way to personalize your space and give it a fun update. Here are my tips for styling The Perfect Bar Cart…or bar area:
1. Pick interesting bottles: It doesn’t just have to be alcohol bottles- In fact, some of my favorite looks incorporate beautiful mixers like tonic and sodas! I love the style of Q Tonics for a mid-century modern vibe, or the classic Fever Tree Tonic can dress up a more vintage space. BevMo is a great one-stop shop for fun bottles and great products, but it’s also fun to keep your eyes peeled whenever you’re on vacation or shopping- you never know when you’ll find a gorgeous bottle; it could be a secret ingredient for this year’s holiday cocktail!
2. A bar cart is never complete without glassware. Pick glasses that match your home’s style and your personal inspirations. Wanting a Mad Men look? Think solid highball cups and old-school martini glasses. I love West Elm’s stemware and glasses for a more contemporary bar cart, they give off an effortless cool, and keep your bar in budget! Moscow mule mugs add color and flare. And of course for a more glam look, nothing sparkles quite like crystal.
3. So you’ve got your booze and glasses picked out- you’re done right? I don’t think so! A truly spectacular bar cart is going to offer something a little extra. After all, you are “styling” the cart. Now’s the time to add touches that really bring your style together. I love a good cocktail recipe book with a beautiful cover to add height and interest. Other fun details to include: an intriguing bottle opener, a champagne bucket (this one is a necessity for me!) and vintage trays to divide up the space.
4. No room for a cart in your home? No worries! Clear a little counter space and follow my styling directions for a perfect little corner of cocktail bliss. I styled this gorgeous space into a bar by taking advantage of built-in cabinets and a wine rack, and it couldn’t be cuter.
5. Since it’s Christmas, it’s a perfect time to add festive touches to your cart too! Whether it’s a sprig of fresh holly in a vase or a spray of frosted willow branches in your champagne bucket, adding a little winter foliage to your bar can up the holiday spirit in your home! Don’t forget to hang a little mistletoe right over your gorgeous new cart 😉
Dwell in style,